The Bulgarian Association of the Cement Industry (BACI) is a non-profit association. The objectives of the Association are:
• to protect and promote the common interests of the members of the Association;
• to cooperate for achieving the widest possible use of cement in as many fields as possible;
• to develop those production methods and technologies which shall contribute to a maximum environmental protection.
In order to achieve these objectives, the Association, in addition to other activities, shall :
• inform competent state authorities on the issues and problems in this sector and report, in compliance with the law, on other measures for improving the working conditions in the sector;
• observe the development, in general, of the trade and labour legislation, and promote its improvement through participation in discussion groups and proposals in line with the Bulgarian legislation;
• participate in other international cement Association and represent the sector in other scientific, professional or international organizations;
• develop, expand and improve the use of cement by research, training and providing advice;
• co-operate with such other sectors of Bulgarian industry which have common objectives with the cement industry.
News and events
BACI made a request to MOEW for a postponement of the applicability dates for harmonized reporting to Poison Centers, regarding implementation of Commission Regulation (EU) 2017/542 amending Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008 on classification, labelling and packaging of substances and mixtures and postponement of applicability dates for harmonized reporting to Poison … Read More
BACI presented attention to the Ministry of Economy with a letter, addressed to the uneven – among various electricity industrial consumers – application of indirect electricity compensation under EU ETS directive and asked for support in endorsing a petition addressed to the EU Competition Commissioner by the European Cement Association … Read More
BACI presented to MOEW its positon concerning version 2 of a draft decision of the European Commission determining transitional Union-wide rules for harmonised free allocation of emission allowances pursuant to Article 10a of Directive 2003/87/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council During a meeting between representatives of BACI … Read More
BACI stated its position to the National Assembly in connection with a draft of the Bill on administrative regulation of economic activities related to crude oil and petroleum derivatives. As a result of joint efforts with other organizations, the position was adopted and MPs excluded solid petroleum products from the … Read More