The Bulgarian Association of the Cement Industry (BACI) is a non-profit association. The objectives of the Association are:
• to protect and promote the common interests of the members of the Association;
• to cooperate for achieving the widest possible use of cement in as many fields as possible;
• to develop those production methods and technologies which shall contribute to a maximum environmental protection.
In order to achieve these objectives, the Association, in addition to other activities, shall :
• inform competent state authorities on the issues and problems in this sector and report, in compliance with the law, on other measures for improving the working conditions in the sector;
• observe the development, in general, of the trade and labour legislation, and promote its improvement through participation in discussion groups and proposals in line with the Bulgarian legislation;
• participate in other international cement Association and represent the sector in other scientific, professional or international organizations;
• develop, expand and improve the use of cement by research, training and providing advice;
• co-operate with such other sectors of Bulgarian industry which have common objectives with the cement industry.
News and events
BACI called on Ministry of economy in its capacity as national representative of Bulgaria in the Strategic Forum for Projects of Common European Interest (the ‘Forum”, IPCEI), to focus its attention on the definition of projects and the narrowing of the value chains that can be qualified as Common European … Read More
BACI made a request to MOEW for a postponement of the applicability dates for harmonized reporting to Poison Centers, regarding implementation of Commission Regulation (EU) 2017/542 amending Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008 on classification, labelling and packaging of substances and mixtures and postponement of applicability dates for harmonized reporting to Poison … Read More
BACI presented attention to the Ministry of Economy with a letter, addressed to the uneven – among various electricity industrial consumers – application of indirect electricity compensation under EU ETS directive and asked for support in endorsing a petition addressed to the EU Competition Commissioner by the European Cement Association … Read More
BACI presented to MOEW its positon concerning version 2 of a draft decision of the European Commission determining transitional Union-wide rules for harmonised free allocation of emission allowances pursuant to Article 10a of Directive 2003/87/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council During a meeting between representatives of BACI … Read More
BACI stated its position to the National Assembly in connection with a draft of the Bill on administrative regulation of economic activities related to crude oil and petroleum derivatives. As a result of joint efforts with other organizations, the position was adopted and MPs excluded solid petroleum products from the … Read More